Sunday, February 22, 2009

Travelling Alone

I was on the fence about if travelling alone is better or worse than travelling with someone. 

But

I met this dude at breakfast today - actually I met him two days ago on the train, but he was headed elsewhere. That aside, 

He started off 6 months ago with his girlfriend doing a backpacking trip. 

Fighting ensued. Expenses ensued (she wanted to eat at nice restraunts etc, he was like hello ? I can't afford that, we're backpacking!) And bikitzur they broke up..she went back to China lol 

And he has a real life experience of both ends of things - and he says alone is better. 
BUT

Granted, I have to say there are plenty of times it would be fantastic to have a friend along for the ride - such as night sledding, etc. There are plenty of moments that it would be really nice to have someone to party along side with :)

2 comments:

  1. why is no one commenting? i read this like a week ago? anyhow! i like this one.. its for sure a tossup.. maybe get some peopple to meet you at times, or meet new people. BU ti think sometimes being with others will hold you back from doing all this craziness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed ora.

    And, when no one comments, I feel like i'm talking to the wall ! :)
    lol

    ReplyDelete