So I know you've all been saying stop being cheap, spend money buy a salad and yada yada :)
I want to explain to you how really i'm not being cheap lol.
I have a daily budget.
That is 100$ a day.
I know in t heory I should be able to afford a salad with that but....
100/Cad = 60 Euro (the currency I'm working with here)
Now....100/day * 67 Days....
That's umm...
6,700$ canadian dollars.
Now, that does not include my pretrip expenses...such as backpack, shoes, special towel, etc.
Which came out to a lot.
Plus all the modes of transportation i paid for in advance, such as flights and my rail pass.
So umm yeah, I spent 3k before I came here.
That puts me at 10k for the trip
Sorry yes, i know it seems like a waste of money to a lot of you. But it's not, not for me anyways. And, don't get bitter, I promise i've given my share to Tzedakkah.....One must have what to live for !
So now
60 euro / day
minus
20 euro for sleeping
5 euro for local transportation
which leaves me with
35Euro
Now...getting into museums and attractions cost money....lots of it.
One museum generally costs a minimum of 10 euro
I can do three things in a day sometimes
My point being that if i sat down to a nice dinner
which would be a minimum of 20euro
Then umm
I would only have maybe 15 euro to do stuff during the day !
And thats 20 euro for one meal ! What about my other two ? (well usually the hostel's serve cereal)
lol
So you see
8Euro on a salad is just not a smart business decision
Oh plus the times when i go double over my budget
such as
170 Francs (1.4 francs = 1 euro) for Paragliding ( BEST MONEY I'VE SPENT !!)
And 150 Francs for a snowboarding lesson...
oh yeah and 150 francs for a mountain pass/ski pass / rental
umm
Oh yeah
and like today where i have to fit a 24 Euro Rail reservation fee into my budget
So
Budget: 60 Euro
Minus 10 for sleeping ( I got a super cheap deal in amsterdam at a really nice hostel)
Minus 24 for rail reservation (yes, you need to make a reservation on some trains....PS it would have been 32 Euro but I am doing a layover hahaha (for 12 minutes) IN Brussels, so that I could save 8euro...then buy a salad ;))
Which leaves me with um ??
26 Euro ?
Plus I need to buy lunch and dinner !
And I want to go check out the opera house here...Which will cost me 10 euro
So now i'm at 16 euro for lunch and dinner :0
Oh wait no...
I have some postcards to send out....6 to be precise.
That will cost me 6 Euro !
Now I have 10 euro for lunch and dinner :)
But umm...I'm out of Metro tickets...They are 1.6 each
I need 2...
Um
So !
2 slices of pizza it is ! :)
Lol see ?
I'm not so cheap....Just umm y'know ?
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg! i cant believe you just typed that out.
ReplyDeletelol! that was a whole lot of calculations. impressive
ReplyDeleteLol !
ReplyDeleteOf course i calculated...it's been in my head since i started planning my trip :)