So i'm uh
Winging it !
LOL
That is why there have been no new posts for two days :) Zehava is winging it.
That amuses me, very not my style.
I am in Greece. I am in the Peloponnese. It. Is. Gorgeous.
I hopped off the plane, and onto a five hour bus ride to get here. I wandered around this tranquil little fishing town for a while before finding where to stay....I was fully prepared to sleep on the streets :).
I ran into a cute Greek police officer. And when I asked him about a bus schedule to the Diros caves, he said " Ah Diros, this is my village" I almost asked him for a ride :)
Diros Caves are like the stalactite/stalagmite cave in Israel, except here it is much much larger. They freaken have a boat r ide through it that's how large it is.
Gythio - where I stayed last night is where Helen of Troy basically started a war :)
Right now I am in Sparta SPARRRRTAA (yes I went to yell that in a war voice)
Seriously, this morning as I was walking around this little fishing village, nothing in the world could have bothered me ! It was that goregous. This whole Lakonian Peninsula is that gorgeous, it reminds me of Israel. It is breathtakingly beautiful. I can't supply pictures, because right now i'm in a crusty internet cafe...But as soon as I get to Athens (1-2 days) I will post pics.
They smoke everywhere here ! On the buses, in the restraunts, in your face ! it's gross.
The Greek boys look like rabble rousers. Seriously.
The old women here all make the sign of the cross everytime they come across a church - and that's like every 2 minutes - their poor hands must be tired.
My leg hurts. My left one to be precise. I must have strained a muscle or something. It sucks :( i'm pretending its not hurting. Ma, Be quite, no I will not go see a Dr. right away !
L
O
L
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How did u find this place? it sounds so cool. p.s. no taking rides with strangers!!
ReplyDeleteFrom my guidebook,
ReplyDeleteI know I know...but he was cute...and greek
:) jokes
why u winging it? dont u have a detailed itinerary?
ReplyDelete