Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 24 years plus some odd days since my last confession. 
What is it you must confess my son? 

Well Father, It's like this. I just don't understand the Church. I walked (gasp) into another grandly designed and built Church today, and I felt no respect for the Church. 
Why is this my son ?

Well Father, you see...I can't understand why spend so much money on decorating our churches with marble figures and dead bodies of our popes and saints, and yet there are still people starving on the streets ! I don't understand why our priests molest boys, and we don't kick them out of the church ! I don't understand why our priests deny the holocaust ever took place, and yet we still allow them to be priests ! 
I don't understand why we are supposed to sit here and pray daily to a mostly naked man that is hung to a cross ! Wouldn't it be better to pray to a more uplifting image than that ? 



That's my story for the day. 

I was told by the hostel guy, that I should absoloutely go and check out this Church they have here. So I did. And as you can see I was less than impressed ! 
I don't get it ! I hear ...fine, they want to pray to Jesus. By why is the image of him on a cross ? That was his worst moment in life, not his best! Are Christians like extremist muslims ? All about the martyr ? 
Actually, St. Peter's Basillica - the Church in the Vatican - was the one church I was like okay ! This I get. There was hardly any "jesus on a cross" ness. And the place was gorgeous. 

But seriously, They spend so much freaking money on their churches ! it's nuts ! 

3 comments:

  1. say 5 hail marys and an our father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless u Child. U shall be okay. I have forgiven u for descrating my holy churches.

    go see cool shuls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol

    I saw cool shuls in Prague !

    But they are not fun to write about :(

    ReplyDelete